A quick and very flavorful frittata recipe combining fresh herbs, sweet vegetables, and cheese. Country Crock® Spread makes it creamy. Perfect for Sunday brunch.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup cut-up fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted, if desired
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in medium oven-proof nonstick skillet* over medium heat and cook asparagus, mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas.
- Beat eggs, cheese, basil and chives in small bowl with wire whisk. Pour into skillet and reduce heat to low. Lift set edges of frittata with spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom. Cook until almost set. Broil until golden and eggs are set, about 2 minutes. Slice into wedges to serve. Serve with bread.
* If oven-proof skillet is not available, before broiling, thoroughly wrap handle of skillet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbs||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|