A tender and delicious stuffed eggplant recipe made extra tasty with Country Crock® Spread and a colorful vegetable medley. Easy, simple and packed with great taste.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 45 min
- Cook Time 50 min
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1/3 cup pine (pignoli) nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves or cilantro
- 2/3 cup brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Scoop pulp from eggplants, leaving 1/2-inch shells. Coarsely chop pulp; set aside. Arrange eggplant shells and red pepper on baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Roast 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in chopped eggplant pulp and simmer 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Stir in pine nuts and basil.
- Combine cooked rice, tomato sauce, roasted red pepper and remaining 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread; spoon into roasted eggplant shells to serve.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
|Vitamin C||110 %|
|Vitamin A||45 %|