This tasty lentil recipe includes chunky vegetable curry with Country Crock® Spread. It's hearty and perfectly spiced. A great idea for weekday lunch.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. mild curry paste or to taste
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups basmati rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Juice and grated peel from 1/2 lemon
- Melt 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion and ginger, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Pour boiling water over Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube(s) and stir until dissolved; pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in lentils and sweet potato. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread until melted, then stir in spinach until wilted. Gently stir in lemon juice and peel. Serve with hot rice and, if desired, poppadoms (Indian flat bread).
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||62 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||45 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|