Stuffed peppers packed with ground beef and onions cooked in great tasting Country Crock® Spread and finished with melted cheese. Make meals into tasty feasts with this satisfying dish.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 50 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large skillet and cook onion and red pepper flakes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in ground beef and 1/2 of the garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is almost cooked, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, tomato paste and boiling water blended with Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Stir in spinach and remaining garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and ground beef is cooked.
- Stuff peppers with ground beef mixture and arrange in medium baking dish. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is golden.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||370 %|
|Vitamin A||130 %|