A Creole classic packed with flavor. Satisfy even the biggest appetites with this Jambalaya recipe cooked in Country Crock® Spread.
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 38 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) diced tomatoes , drained (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 5 cups cooked brown rice or white rice
- 1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham or cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook celery and onion, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, reserved juice and remaining ingredients. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
- Turn rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|