Keep the family happy with this deliciously satisfying Goulash recipe made with creamy Country Crock®.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 2 hr
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into large cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat beef with flour. Melt 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread in large, deep skillet and brown meat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread in same skillet and cook onion, bell peppers and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Return beef to skillet, then stir in tomato paste and paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth. Turn into 3-qt. casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours or until beef is very tender. Garnish, if desired, with chopped chives or parsley.
See nutrition information for fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium content.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||140 %|
|Vitamin A||80 %|