Allspice & Thyme Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 cups chunks butternut squash
- 1 medium onion or red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 ripe plantain, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine Country Crock® Spread, lime peel, thyme and allspice in small bowl; set aside.
- Arrange chicken, squash, onion and plantain on aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet. Brush all sides of chicken and vegetables with Spread mixture; season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken and vegetables 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Toss chicken and vegetables with lime juice. Garnish, if desired, with fresh thyme, cilantro or parsley. Serve with brown rice.
Tip: Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal.
Cost per recipe*: $4.96.
Cost per serving*: $1.24.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
|Vitamin A||160 %|