Apple'N Cheddar Grilled Cheese
- Recipe Serves: 1
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- 2 slices thickly sliced cheddar cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 1/4 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese, apple, then remaining cheese on one bread slice; top with remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwich with Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D.
- Cook sandwich in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.
Cost per serving*: $2.56. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
By using Shedd’s Spread Country Crock® instead of butter in this recipe, you reduce the amount of saturated fat by 6g and save 50 calories per serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|