Apple Rose Pies
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time1 hr 0 min
- Portions 12
- 2 sticks Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick, cold and cut in cubes
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus 3 tablespoons for dusting
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 6 medium-sized Gala apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick plus additional for greasing the pan
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
|Energy (kcal)||209 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||874 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||48.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||45.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||25.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.7 g|
|Fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||103 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.26 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||15 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.40 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||49 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix the cold Country Crock Plant Butter, with the dry ingredients using a pastry blender or your fingers until all mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Add in cold water little by little and work it into a dough.
- Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- While the dough is chilling, to prepare the filling, cut apples and remove their core.
- Then using a mandoline, thinly slice all the apple pieces.
- Toss all the slices in lemon juice.
- Melt 1 stick Country Crock Plant Butter and mix in the brown sugar.
- Add half of this brown sugar mixture to the apple slices in lemon juice, and microwave them for 1 minute until the slices are soft and pliable. Save the remaining half of the brown sugar mixture for later.
- On a flat surface, arrange and line up 12-14 apple slices in a straight row overlapping each other and roll them into a rose.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Dust the surface with flour and roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a 3 1/2 to 4-inch cookie cutter (depending on the size of your muffin tin), punch out 12 to 14 circles.
- Grease a muffin tin with Country Crock® Plant Butter, and gently press dough circles into each well of the tin.
- Brush the bottom of the dough with the butter and brown sugar mix, to help stick the apple roses into the pie.
- Add the apple roses to each well.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the dough looks golden brown and the apples are cooked. Remove the apple rose pies from the tin and cool them for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a sieve or a fine strainer, sift or sprinkle the confectioners' sugar on top of each of the pies.
- Serve & Enjoy.