Slow-Cooked Breakfast Casserole
- Cooking time3 hr 0 min
- Prep time15 min
- Recipe serves 8
- 1 package (20 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen breakfast sausage , thawed and sliced
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen chopped bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 12 eggs , slightly beaten
|Calories from Fat||240.00 |
|Total Fat||26.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||10.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||19.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.0 g|
|Vitamin C||50.0 %|
|Vitamin A||20.0 %|
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer in slow cooker 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the sausage, 1/2 of the peppers, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 of the onion. Repeat layers; set aside.
- Microwave milk, Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until milk is hot. Stir milk mixture into eggs; pour into slow cooker.
- Cook covered on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Turn off heat and sprinkle in remaining 1/2 cup cheese and let stand covered 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve, if desired, with hot pepper sauce.