Spiced Sweet Potato Snickerdoodles
Fan favorite Snickerdoodles get an upgrade with the addition of sweet potato and spices in our Snickerdoodle recipe. Cream of tartar gives these cookies that classic snickerdoodle texture - crisp outside and chewy inside. But the flavor in these snickerdoodles is all sweet potato and pumpkin spice. Think sweet potato pie in a cookie.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
|Energy (kcal)||2918 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||12208 kJ|
|Protein (g)||41.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||675.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||658.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||365.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||17.7 g|
|Fat (g)||6.7 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1955 mg|
|Salt (g)||4.89 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||13601 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||296 mg|
|Iron (mg)||7.20 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1528 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flax meal and water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl. Set aside
- In large bowl, with electric mixer beat Country Crock Plant Butter with 3/4 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in sweet potato, flax meal mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon. Shape dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons each). You should get about 40 balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove cookies and cool completely on wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
You can use fresh baked mashed sweet potato in these cookies, but to save time, canned sweet potato or pumpkin will work just fine. For smaller cookies scoop by 1 level tablespoon and form ball. This will give you about 80 miniature cookies.