Berry Swirl Butter Cake
- Cooking time30
- Prep time15
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil Stick, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. Cut parchment paper to 9 x 15 length. Line bottom of pan with parchment allowing the extra hanging over the sides. Grease parchment.
- Beat Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil Stick with granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then milk and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder and beat on low speed just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Stir jam until smooth. (If jam is thick, microwave 20 seconds then stir until smooth). Drop dollops of jam all over the top of cake and use a knife to swirl the jam through the surface. Be sure to pull jam all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Place pan on wire rack and cool 20 minutes. Grasp parchment 'handles' to lift cake out of the pan and cool completely on wire rack.