Crunchy-Topped Savory Spinach Casserole
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 12 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 boxes (10 oz. ea.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook green onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in pepper and nutmeg. Stir in spinach. Turn into greased 1-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, melted, with bread crumbs, then sprinkle over spinach. Broil until golden, about 1 minute.
TIP: Use 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) spinach, cooked, instead of frozen spinach.
Cost per recipe*: $3.42.
Cost per serving*: $0.57.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin A||230 %|