Broccoli Rice Pilaf
Ready in less than 20 minutes, this simple side goes well with chicken, fish or beef.
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in broccoli and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
TIP: Use cooked chopped fresh broccoli instead of frozen broccoli.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Simply swap chicken broth for vegetable broth!
Cost per recipe*: $3.02.
Cost per serving*: $.50.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||45 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|