Zucchini Snackin' Cake
- Recipe Serves: 16
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, drained on paper towels (about 2 small zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of 9-inch square cake pan* with parchment or wax paper, then spray with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Spread with sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Beat in yogurt. Gradually beat in flour mixture, then zucchini, just until blended. Evenly pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Slice into 16 squares and sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
*To make MINI ZUCCHINI SNAX MUFFINS, spray mini muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray with flour, then fill 2/3-full with batter. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire rack, cook 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar. Makes 3-1/2 dozen.
See nutritional information for sugar content.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|