Potato 'N Kale Casserole
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 50 min
- 7 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. kale leaves, thick stems removed*
- 4 large baking potatoes, very thinly sliced (about 2-1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded low fat Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whipping or light cream
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread; set aside.
- In 6-quart saucepot, bring kale and 3/4 cup water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, 8 minutes or until kale is tender; drain and cool slightly. Squeeze out any excess water, then chop.
- Arrange 1/2 of the potatoes in prepared dish. Season with some of the salt and pepper. Evenly top with kale, then garlic, salt and pepper. Layer 1/2 the cheese, then dot with 3 tablespoons Spread. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, cheese, Spread, salt and pepper. Carefully pour milk, then cream over potatoes.
- Bake covered 25 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 2 boxes (10 oz.ea.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||120 %|
|Vitamin A||130 %|