Cuban Rice & Beans
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice or converted
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, undrained
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook 1/2 cup onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook remaining 1/2 cup onion with green pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Arrange rice on serving platter in a ring. Arrange vegetables in center of rice ring. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro.
Cost per recipe*: $2.22
Cost per serving*: $.55
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||56 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|