Poblano Rice Gratin
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob, kernels removed
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, divided
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and cook 1 minute. Stir in water and 2 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken Bouillon and cook covered 10 minutes. Stir in corn and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork, then stir in poblano peppers, remaining Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and 1 tablespoon Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise. Combine remaining Mayonnaise with crema in small bowl.
- Turn rice mixture into 7 x 10-inch glass baking dish, then top with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
Cost per recipe*: $6.44.
Cost per serving*: $1.61.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||40 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|