Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, onion and thyme, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Season with ground black pepper.
See nutritional information for sodium content.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Simply swap chicken broth for vegetable broth!
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|