Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe-Easter Special
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Baking Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Your choice of seasonal mix-ins
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Baking Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended.
- Add your favorite seasonal mix-ins until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins or choose from the variations below.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
TIP: To change it up - try one of the following delicious variations and bake as directed in recipe unless noted.
Eggs in a Nest - Immediately after removing cookies from oven, make an indentation in center of each cookie using the back of a round measuring spoon. After cooling, prepare the Glaze Recipe*, then spread over tops of cookies and sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut. Press speckled chocolate egg or jelly beans in center of cookie. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
Easter Egg - Stir in 1/4 cup Easter egg sprinkles. Using floured hands, shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls, arrange on baking sheet and gently press into oval egg shape, about 2 1/2- inches long. Bake 9 minutes or until edges are golden. After cooling, prepare the Glaze Recipe*, then divide glaze into four small bowls. Tint with assorted pastel food colors and decorate as desired. Makes about 4 dozen.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip - Stir in 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder until blended. Stir in 1 pkg. (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (instead of chips, you can use chopped Easter chocolates). Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.
Pastel Polka Dots- Stir in 1 pkg. (11.4 ounces) pastel colored candy coated chocolates. Makes about 5 dozen.
Pastel Confetti - Stir in 1/4 cup multi-colored pastel sprinkles. After cooling, prepare the Glaze Recipe*, then spread over tops of cookies and sprinkle with an additional 1/3 cup multi-colored pastel sprinkles. Makes about 4 dozen.
*Glaze: Combine 2 cup confectioners sugar with 8 tsp. warm water in a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|