Fresh & Light Chicken-Veggie Chili
Country Crock® is happy to bring you this Fresh and Light Chicken-Veggie Chili dish. This chili is perfect as an appetizer or a meal.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into small wedges
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 lbs. plum tomatoes, chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and crisp, about 4 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn, red pepper, and onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, chili powder and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered until tomatoes cook down and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and cilantro; top servings with tortilla wedges. If desired, serve over brown rice.
TIP: For a vegetarian chili, omit the chicken and stir in a drained 15 to 16-oz. can black beans instead!
Cost per recipe* : $ 5.61
Cost per serving* : $ 1.40
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||90 %|
|Vitamin A||60 %|