Smooth, creamy, perfectly spiced and enriched with Country Crock®. This Butter Chicken recipe is the ultimate comfort dish.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Marinate for 2 hr
- Cook Time 50 min
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 piece (3/4-inch) fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed (divided)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala*
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lbs.), cut into large chunks
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Process yogurt, plum tomatoes, ginger, 2 cloves garlic, jalapeño pepper and garam masala in blender or food processor. Arrange chicken in large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish and top with yogurt marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning chicken occasionally, 2 hours or overnight.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread in large skillet over medium heat and cook onion and remaining 2 cloves garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and marinade and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Stir in milk; heat through. Stir in cream, remaining 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread and cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and Spread is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked basmati rice and garnish with additional chopped cilantro.
*Substitution: Use 1/2 tsp. ground cloves and 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg.
See nutrition information for fat, saturated fat and cholesterol content.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|