Pork & Pepper Saute with Cumin & Cilantro
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork chops, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Season pork, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, in batches if necessary, until lightly browned and done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook peppers and onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan, until simmering. Stir in pork; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with rice.
Tip: Round out the meal with a mixed green salad.
Cost per recipe*: $4.40.
Cost per serving*:$1.20.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin C||140 %|
|Vitamin A||45 %|