Pork with Plantains, Tomatoes & Mango
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Marinate for 30 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops, (about 12 oz.)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 ripe plantain, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 ripe mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cups hot no salt added black beans
- Toss onions with 2 tablespoons lime juice in medium bowl. Season with salt if desired. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 30 minutes.
- Season pork, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, turning once, until done, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining Spread, plantains and all but 1/4 cup onions to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until plantains are lightly browned and onions are softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, mango, cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Top pork with plantain mixture, then sprinkle with remaining lime marinated onions. Serve with rice and black beans on the side and if desired, lime wedges.
Tip: Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal.
Cost per recipe*: $7.16
Cost per serving*: $1.79
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||67 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|