One Skillet Lemon Chicken
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 4 chicken breast cutlets or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® with Sunflower Oil, divided
- 1 lemon,thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion or yellow onion,thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- For Serving (optional): 1 lb. cooked angel hair pasta tossed with 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® with Sunflower Oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Add flour to a shallow bowl and lightly coat chicken on both sides with flour. Tap off excess. Repeat with remaining chicken and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® with Sunflower Oil. Once melted, add half of prepared chicken and cook for 3 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked*. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken. Tent cooked chicken with aluminum foil.
- To the same skillet, add the lemon slices and cook until they begin to brown and caramelize, about 1 to-2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, then add remaining 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® with Sunflower Oil. Once melted add onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then add garlic. Cook for one more minute.
- Raise heat to high and add white wine, scraping to deglaze the pan. Let reduce by half, then add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add reserved chicken and lemon slices. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
- Add lemon juice and parsley and serve.
*Note: If using boneless skinless chicken thighs, you may need to cook for 1 additional minute per side.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbs||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg|