Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 1/2 lbs. small carrots with green tops (about 6-inches long)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Trim off all but 2" of green tops of carrots; rinse and peel or scrub.
- Combine carrots, water, brown sugar, Country Crock® Spread, salt and pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until carrots are tender and a glaze has formed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Top with parsley and, if desired, additional Country Crock® Spread.
TIP: One package (1 lb.) baby carrots can be substituted for the small carrots with green tops.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg|