Olive Oil Cake
- Cooking time40
- Prep time15
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Stick
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously grease and flour 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in bowl; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixture until fluffy. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Add flour mixture in batches, beating until just combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Place pan on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake cake in center of oven 40 minutes or until deep golden on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place on rack and cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Serve with fresh berries and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.