- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen baby carrots, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in carrots, water, vinegar and oregano. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted, about 1 minute.
TIP: Use fresh baby carrots instead of frozen carrots and increase cook time to desired tenderness.
Cost per recipe*: $2.79.
Cost per serving*: $.69.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See nutrition information for sodium content.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||80 %|