Halloween Marshmallow Crispies
Toasted rice cereal is mixed with melted chocolate and Country Crock® Spread to make a perfect base for fun Halloween decorating with the kids.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey or corn syrup
- 5 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Green food coloring, black food coloring, chocolate sprinkles, white chocolate chips or other small white candies
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add marshmallows; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in chocolate and honey. Add cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Press mixture into shallow baking pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Cut into bars.
- To make monsters, using whisk, combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Color some of the icing green adding a few drops of green food coloring and some black using black food coloring. (Add a few drops water if needed to create a spreadable consistency).
- Spread bars with green icing. Sprinkle tops of bars with chocolate sprinkles for "hair". Add white chocolate chips for "eyes". Spoon black icing into small zip-top bag. Cut small piece off 1 corner and pipe "pupils" and "mouths" onto monsters.
TIP: Have fun decorating bars with colored fondants, melted chocolate and candies to create some great creepy
decorations such as pumpkins, spider’s webs and tombstones.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|