Cooking time 20 minutes
Prep time 10 minutes
Recipe serves 6
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 8 ounces ham , diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. ea.) black eyed peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 3-quart saucepot. Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook about 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add ham and cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve over rice if desired.