Boxed Cake Donuts with Orange Zest Glaze
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time10 min
- Makes 2
- 1 box of cake mix, of preferred choice
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil, melted
- 2 oranges, zested
|Energy (kcal)||2975 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||12446 kJ|
|Protein (g)||21.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||699.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||682.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||479.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||16.6 g|
|Fat (g)||17.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||8.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||1.9 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||3061 mg|
|Salt (g)||7.64 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||655 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||189.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||1150 mg|
|Iron (mg)||10.85 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||814 mg|
- Prepare the cake mix and bake in donut molds, as per the instructions on the cake box.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the orange zest glaze by mixing together icing sugar, melted Country Crock Plant Butter and orange juice.
- Make sure there are no lumps and the icing looks smooth.
- Add in the orange zest.
- Let the freshly baked donuts rest on the cooling rack before glazing with the orange zest glaze.