Carrot Cake with Dairy Free Cream Cheese Icing
- Cooking time45 min
- Prep time30 min
- Portions 16
- 2 1/2 sticks Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup nuts (mix of pecan, walnuts and almonds), coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Dairy Free Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 stick Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick
- 1 cup dairy free cream cheese
- 4 - 5 cups confectioners' sugar, based on preferred thickness
|Energy (kcal)||366 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1533 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||72.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||71.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||56.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.4 g|
|Fat (g)||6.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||79 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||397 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.99 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||5299 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||45 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.75 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||170 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer bowl or a large mixing bowl, beat together Country Crock Plant Butter, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the grated carrots, and mix.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking dish, and spread the coarsely chopped nuts on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While the cake is in the oven, prepare the dairy free cream cheese frosting by beating the softened Country Crock Plant Butter in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Add in the dairy free cream cheese and mix again until smooth.
- Slowly mix in the confectioners' sugar in small increments, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Let the carrot cake cool on a cooling rack before icing, garnish with coarsely chopped nuts and serve.