Cranberry Orange Bread with Streusel Topping
Our recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread is everything you need wrapped up in one delicious package. Tart cranberries are balanced by the sweetness of the bread with hints of orange and ginger. Pistachios give this bread just a bit of crunch. We've topped this bread off with crumb streusel topping for the perfect finishing touch.
- Cooking time1 hr 10 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 12
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for pan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
|Energy (kcal)||257 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1074 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||57.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||55.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||35.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.7 g|
|Fat (g)||1.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||196 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.49 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||20 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||53 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.58 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||76 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9-inch loaf pan and lightly coat with flour. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Combine flax meal and water in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine melted Country Crock Plant Butter, oat milk, flax egg, orange zest and vanilla.
- Stir Plant Butter mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold in cranberries and pistachios. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and Plant Butter in small bowl with fork until mixture is size of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over batter, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack, 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely. If bread sticks, gently run a knife along sides of pan to loosen.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and Plant Butter. Drizzle over cooled bread. Let stand 10 minutes to harden.