- Cooking time32 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 12
- 12 ice cream cones
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles (we recommend only the long sprinkles that contain corn starch and not nonpareil sprinkles as those tend to bleed in the batter)
- 12 ice cream cones
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons oat milk
- Optional: a few drops gel food coloring
|Energy (kcal)||192 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||804 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||43.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||43.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||31.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.5 g|
|Fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||74 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.18 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||4 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.40 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||24 mg|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a 9 x 12-inch baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and secure tightly. Cut small x's in the foil equally distanced in 3 columns and 4 rows, using a sharp paring knife.
- Combine the oat milk and vinegar in a small cup and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the Country Crock Plant Butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg white, and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the oat milk, scraping down the sides as needed and mixing until just combined (do not overmix - a few lumps are okay).
- Add the rainbow sprinkles and gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Fill each cone about halfway with cupcake batter and push each cone into the x openings in prepared pan. Bake on the middle rack for 32-35 minutes, until the center springs back when poked and a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing until combined.
- Add the vanilla and a tablespoon of oat milk at a time, mixing until smooth and spreadable. Fold in a few drops of gel food coloring, as desired.
- Using a large star piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcake cones and top with more sprinkles.