Easy Pasta Primavera
Perfect for pasta night family dinners, our Easy Pasta Primavera recipe is so simple to pull together. We used zucchini, yellow squash and peas, but the beauty of this recipe is that you can customize it with whatever veggies you like.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables (we used cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and peas)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese
|Energy (kcal)||289 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1210 kJ|
|Protein (g)||11.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||58.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||51.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.4 g|
|Fat (g)||1.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||120 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.30 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||12 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||4.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||24 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.06 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||221 mg|
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining tablespoon Country Crock Spread.
- Toss vegetable mixture with cooked pasta, mint and lemon zest. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.