Homemade Impossible Burger
There's nothing more classic than a good burger, and that holds true for a plant based lifestyle too. Our Impossible Burger recipe makes it easy to make these burgers at home. The ingredient list may look a bit long, but most of it just goes into the food processor and that does all the work. Plan ahead when you make these burgers as they do need a chill time before cooking. You can even make them the day before.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 6
- 6 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 8 ounce package seitan
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 small raw beet, grated, about 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup oat flour * or potato starch
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
|Energy (kcal)||225 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||944 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||45.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||42.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.9 g|
|Fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||370 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.93 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||28 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.21 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||303 mg|
- Heat 2 tablespoons Country Crock Plant Butter in a large skillet. Add onion and salt and cook 4 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Add mushroom mixture, 2 tablespoons Plant Butter and remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse mixture until well combined but still has texture.
- Form into 6 patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Plant Butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook burgers in 2 batches, about 4 minutes each side until browned.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and your favorite burger toppings.
*To make oat flour, add heaping 1/4 cup rolled oats to blender or food processor and process to a powder. You can use white or brown rice in the recipe, but it's best if you cook the rice from raw. Precooked rice has a firmer texture and does not work as well. Burgers can be made, wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen to keep on hand for a quick dinner. This mixture also works as a replacement for ground beef in recipes like tacos, stuffed peppers, etc.