- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Recipe serves 4
- 1 1/2 lbs. plum tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread , divided
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
|Calories from Fat||130.00|
|Total Fat||14.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.500 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||20.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.0 g|
|Vitamin C||50.0 %|
|Vitamin A||50.0 %|
- Cut out stem of tomatoes and score an ''X'' mark on bottom. Cook tomatoes in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, 10 minutes or until skin is blackened. Remove tomatoes from skillet. Cool, peel and chop tomatoes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with jalapeno pepper, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in skillet over medium-high heat and cook 2 tortillas, turning once, 2 minutes or until golden. Arrange on serving plates. Repeat with 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining 2 tortillas.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook 2 eggs over medium heat to desired doneness. Arrange eggs on tortillas. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and 2 eggs.
- Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.
See nutrition information for saturated fat content.