Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Makes 18
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar (vanilla bean infused preferably!)
- 3/4 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoon oat milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 vegan chocolate bar (2.5 ounces), roughly chopped
- Maldron salt, to sprinkle
|Energy (kcal)||2121 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||8873 kJ|
|Protein (g)||24.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||423.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||413.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||273.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||9.8 g|
|Fat (g)||37.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||31.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||20.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||11.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||851 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.12 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||28 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||343 mg|
|Iron (mg)||5.10 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||606 mg|
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, light brown sugar, and Country Crock Plant Butter. Using a fork and some muscle, squoosh everything together and start mixing aggressively until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, almond extract and oat milk. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well. Add the pecans and chocolate. Mix well. Add half of the dry mixture to the Plant Butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined. Then add the remaining half. Mix until the flour is absorbed and you can roll a ball of dough together with your hands.
- Scoop out 2 heaping tablespoons of the dough into your hands and roll into a ball. Place in a resealable container and repeat. You should be left with 18-19 balls. Seal the lid and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After 30 minutes, arrange 6 balls of dough on the baking sheet with a few inches between each cookie, as they need space. To help encourage an even shape, gently press the dough ball down with 2 fingers to flatten the top. Just a little bit!
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the pan and gently drop it on the stovetop (only 2 inches high- don't go crazy or the cookie edges will flip). Sprinkle the top evenly with a pinch or two of sea salt. Return back to the oven for 3 minutes. Remove and drop once again. Return back for a final 3 minutes, remove, and drop. (14 minutes total!)
- Using a very thin spatula, immediately transfer the cookies to a wire wrack and wait at least 10 minutes for the cookies to set. Enjoy!
Recipe by Timothy Pakron @mississippivegan
Fluff the flour with a spoon or fork before scooping to make sure its the same amount that I used.
By placing the scoops in a resealable container, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week and bake some cookies off whenever you’d like! You can also freeze the dough and move it to the fridge the day you are ready to bake. I'm sure you could bake them straight from the freezer but you might have to adjust the cooking time. I just haven't tested that yet.
If you don’t refrigerate the dough, the cookies will expand too much and become flat. You may actually like this texture so if you’d like to try it out, feel free, although don’t blame me if all of your cookies merge together into one!
Feel free to experiment with cooking times. You can do this by only baking off 1 or 2 the first time. See if 14 minutes works for you. You might want to pull back a minute or add one or two. Every oven is different!
These are best eaten the day of baking. They are fine the next day, but they lose that glorious crisp. I just tried one so I know.