Pork with Plantains, Tomatoes & Mango
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops, (about 12 oz.)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 ripe plantain, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 ripe mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cups hot no salt added black beans
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Toss onions with 2 tablespoons lime juice in medium bowl. Season with salt if desired. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 30 minutes.
- Season pork, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, turning once, until done, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining Spread, plantains and all but 1/4 cup onions to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until plantains are lightly browned and onions are softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, mango, cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Top pork with plantain mixture, then sprinkle with remaining lime marinated onions. Serve with rice and black beans on the side and if desired, lime wedges.
Tip: Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal. Cost per recipe*: $7.16 Cost per serving*: $1.79 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.