Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Glaze
These plant-based Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Glaze are so easy to make because they're baked, not fried. Our recipe uses pumpkin pie spice and cardamom to give these donuts that warm fall flavor. The maple glaze is the perfect complement to the rich pumpkin flavor.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 12
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil, melted
|Energy (kcal)||229 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||957 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||54.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||52.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||38.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.5 g|
|Fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||191 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.48 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3178 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||60 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.78 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||107 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 6-cavity donut pans with non-stick spray. Set aside. Combine water and flax meal and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, melted Country Crock Plant Butter, flax meal mixture and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- To easily fill the cavities, transfer batter to a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag (cut about 1/2-inch opening in the bag after filling). Evenly pipe batter into the donut cavities.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool donuts in the pan for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and melted Plant Butter. Dip each donut into glaze. If glaze hardens, stir to loosen. Place dipped donuts on cooling rack to allow glaze to drip down. For a thicker glaze, re-dip donuts after glaze sets. Let stand at least 30 minutes to allow glaze to set.
*Pumpkin pie spice is sold in jars in the supermarket. You can create your own by mixing 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg or allspice, and 1/4 tsp. ground cloves.