Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Spice up breakfast with these fluffy plant based Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. Simply adding pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice takes breakfast pancakes to a whole new level.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 12
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk or your favorite plant based milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil, melted (plus additional for cooking and serving)
|Energy (kcal)||108 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||451 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||22.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||21.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.5 g|
|Fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||217 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.54 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3178 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||74 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.77 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||82 mg|
- Combine water and flax meal and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine milk, pumpkin, Country Crock Plant Butter and flax meal mixture and stir into flour mixture.
- Heat large skillet or griddle and melt 1 tablespoon Plant Butter. Pour batter into skillet, using about ¼ cup for each pancake. Cook 4 minutes or until tops are bubbly and edges are set. Flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with additional Plant Butter and maple syrup if desired.
*Pumpkin pie spice is sold in jars in the supermarket. You can create your own by mixing 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg or allspice, and 1/4 tsp. ground cloves.