Ratatouille and White Bean Gratin
Our recipe for Ratatouille and White Bean Gratin takes classic ratatouille ingredients to the next level. We've added a layer of garlicy, creamy white beans as the base of this bake to make it a super satisfying plant based main dish.
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Olive Oil, melted and divided
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 ounces), sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 large zucchini or yellow squash (about 12 ounces), sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
|Energy (kcal)||183 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||767 kJ|
|Protein (g)||9.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||34.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||24.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||8.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||10.6 g|
|Fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||352 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.88 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||653 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||23.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||54 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.40 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||565 mg|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Tear bread into small pieces and add to food processor. Add 1 clove garlic and process until coarse crumbs form. Remove and stir in 1 tablespoon Country Crock Plant Butter; set aside.
- Combine beans, remaining 1 clove garlic and 2 tablespoons water in bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Remove and set aside.
- In shallow 10-inch baking dish, evenly spread bean mixture. Arrange eggplant, zucchini and tomato over bean mixture, overlapping slices. Save the smaller slices to use in the center of the dish.
- Combine 3 tablespoon Country Crock Plant Butter, oregano, thyme and salt. Brush over vegetable. Bake 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown.
- Top with breadcrumbs and bake 5 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.