- Cooking time55 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 10
- 1 stick Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Sticks, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed but chunky
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered or diced according to prefrence and tossed in 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 large strawberries, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
|Energy (kcal)||230 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||964 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||48.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||46.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||26.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.6 g|
|Fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||22 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||202 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.50 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||42 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||20.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||88 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.97 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||149 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted Country Crock Plant Butter, coconut milk, egg, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add mashed and chunky bananas to this mixture, gently with a spoon.
- Add flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt and to the mix and combine gently. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the flour tossed strawberries in the mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- While the bread is in the oven, prepare glaze by combining the confectioners' sugar, strawberry puree and vanilla.
- Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before glazing and serving.