Vegan Esther the Wonder Pig Cupcake
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 18
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Country Crock Plant Butter® with Olive Oil Sticks, melted
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Country Crock Plant Butter® with Olive Oil Sticks
- 1 tablespoon water
- rainbow sprinkles
|Energy (kcal)||230 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||963 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||53.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||52.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||35.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.4 g|
|Fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||296 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.74 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||25 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.74 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||32 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare standard size cupcake pans by either lining with paper wrappers or spray pans generously with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir nondairy milk, melted Country Crock Plant Butter, vanilla extract and vinegar until homogenized.
- In a larger bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans, leaving about 1/4'' of space for the cupcakes to rise as they bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to electric stand mixer bowl fit with paddle attachment.
- Turn mixer on low to stir ingredients together. When all ingredients are mixed, increase speed to high.
- Continue mixing on high until light and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes. Top with rainbow sprinkles.
Makes 18 cupcakes.