Easiest Ever Spoonable Corn Bread
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 1/3 cup Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 package (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup cholesterol free egg substitute
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 2-quart shallow baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and red pepper, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in remaining Spread until melted; let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, egg whites and milk in large bowl . Stir in cooled corn mixture. Turn into prepared baking dish. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
TIP: Use cooked fresh or canned corn instead of frozen.
Cost per recipe*: $5.20.
Cost per serving*: $.65.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See nutrition information for sodium content.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|