Family-Style Vegetable Omelette
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned (1/8- x 1/8- x 3-inch strips)
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook zucchini, red pepper and onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and garlic. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Beat eggs, water and black pepper with wire whisk. Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook egg mixture over medium-low heat, lifting edges with spatula and tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom, until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Spoon cooked vegetable mixture down center of eggs; fold over sides to cover. Reduce heat to low and cook covered 4 minutes or until eggs are set. Turn onto large serving platter.
See nutrition information for saturated fat content.
Cost per recipe*: $3.52
Cost per serving*: $.88
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|