Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Makes 18 muffins
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D or Country Crock® Spread, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, melted Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D, banana and vanilla in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture with wooden spoon just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans.*
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Dust, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
*For even baking, fill any unused muffin cups halfway with water.
Tip: Add 1 cup of chopped nuts.
Also terrific with Shedd's Spread Country Crock Spread.
Cost per recipe*: $11.00.
Cost per serving*: $.61.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
By using Shedd’s Spread Country Crock® instead of butter in this recipe, you reduce the amount of saturated fat by 4.5g and save 30 calories per serving.
|Portion||1 muffin||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|