Pure de Espinaca
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 11 min
- 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) fresh spinach leaves, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 small white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In 4-quart saucepan, cook spinach in boiling water 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze dry; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cream and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon spinach onto serving platter and top with cheese.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 2 boxes (10 oz. ea.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
For creamier spinach, add extra cream!
|Portion||per serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||290 %|