Western Egg Sandwiches
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked ham
- 4 English muffins , split and toasted
- 4 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese
- Melt Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook green pepper and onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in eggs and ham. Cook over low heat, lifting edges with spatula and tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom, until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Divide egg mixture into quarters.
- Spread English muffins, if desired, with additional Spread, then top with cheese and egg mixture.
Cost per recipe*: $3.48.
Cost per serving*: $0.87.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
By using Shedd’s Spread Country Crock® instead of butter in this recipe, you reduce the amount of saturated fat by 3g and save 30 calories per serving.
|Portion||1 sandwich||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|