Apple 'N Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 50 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled. cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter spread with honey
- 5 cups cubed whole grain bread (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup fat free cholesterol free egg substitute
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2-quart casserole with 1/2 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread; set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook apples, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in peanut butter until peanut butter is melted. Remove from heat, then stir in bread; set aside.
- Whisk egg substitute, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl; set aside.
- Toss bread mixture with egg mixture. Turn into prepared casserole. Bake covered 35 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.
Try drizzling with melted preserves, chocolate and/or pure maple syrup.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|